Dlnet.delta.com is the site where people who work for Delta Airlines, people who previously worked with Delta Airlines (retirees), people who do business with Delta Airlines (business partners) and the company’s ‘friends’ can access its (Delta) Extranet. What happens when you enter dlnet.delta.com into your browser is that you end up on the landing page of the said Delta Airlines extranet. It would seem that Delta Airlines has an intranet and an extranet. So it is the extranet that is accessed through dlnet.delta.com.
The structure of dlnet.delta.com
The structure of the landing page at dlnet.delta.com is remarkably simple. There is a sidebar to the left of the page, with links to the various portals, namely:
- The employee portal: this is meant for both current and retired employees.
- The Non-employee portal: this is mainly meant to accommodate the travel guide.
- The business partners portal: this is meant for folks like Delta contractors (who are not actually employees of the airline), OALs, the LTA center and so on.
- The community partners portal: for some reason, this seems to be disabled by default. It is, however, meant for the various service groups associated with Delta Airlines, as well as various charitable organizations.
The middle main section of the page is occupied by a header (on the top part), with information to confirm that it is indeed the Delta Extranet, for the groups of people we have mentioned. At the very bottom of the page, there are links to, among others:
- The main Delta website: the address to the main Delta Airlines website is delta.com. You can click on the link provided at the bottom of dlnet.delta.com to access that particular site.
- Flight schedules: a considerable number of the visitors to dlnet.delta.com turn out to be folks who’d be interested in accessing Delta’s flight schedules. Accordingly, a link to a page where the same can be accessed is provided at the bottom of the extranet landing page, namely dlnet.delta.com.
- Company information page: it is probably contemplated that a considerable number of the people who end up at the Delta Airlines extranet landing page are folks who, in actual fact, are interested in accessing the company’s basic information. Accordingly, a link to a page where the same can be accessed is provided, at the bottom of the extranet landing page, which is dlnet.delta.com.
- The News portal: the folks for whom the Delta Airlines extranet landing page (dlnet.delta.com) is created, namely employees, retirees, business partners and so on, are the sorts of folks who’d be interested in knowing what is happening at Delta Airlines. Accordingly, a link to a page where such people can access Delta Airlines news is provided, at the bottom of the Delta Airlines Extranet landing page (which is dlnet.delta.com).